Our client had been an Oracle Commerce customer for years. However, their online shop was getting old and ran on a version that was no longer supported. They wanted to improve the customer’s shopping experience – and increase revenue – by building a responsive, mobile-ready website. Upgrading their digital commerce platform was a key part of the journey.
Their specific organisational and technical challenges included:
- Outdated and very manual tooling to run the platform
- Very small team
- Complete revamp of the software and hardware infrastructure in a very short time
Digital Commerce Platform
User Interface Architecture
Teaming up with a design
agency, we emphasized
responsiveness and mobile
readiness throughout three
key project phases.
We teamed up with a digital agency to redesign the shop’s user experience with an emphasis on responsiveness and mobile readiness. We approached the project in three phases:
- Set up a modern Version Control System, and build and deploy pipeline process and tooling: Github and Gradle build system and Jenkins. This would automate almost every task.
- Migrate the platform from ATG 2007.1 to Oracle Commerce 11.1.
- Implement a new responsive, mobile-ready user experience with new functionality, including a template engine, API layer, search engine, and payment gateway.
Our client launched a brand-new, integrated website with a modern and responsive user experience, including guided search as well as search faceting, autocomplete, and type-ahead. One-click deployments to any environment became possible. We also implemented a static content sub-domain service with on-the-fly image resizing.
The first two phases were speedily released in three months with a team of just two people who also introduced ELK stack as a log-monitoring system.